5.01.2016

ambivalence avenue

Welcome to ambivalence avenue
A ghost town home to few

Where the truth is hard to chew
And the ocean stays forever blue

               ***

I've been weeding out the weeds
Distinguishing greed from wants and needs

I've almost run short of care
Though I say i'm self-aware

Despite appearing sweet outside
There are cruelties i can't confide

In anyone, lest they turn an eye
or let themselves drift to the sky

Unreachable, I am, in this state
Of mind - succumbed to my fate

Oh how I hate the way my vessels show
How my thoughts constrict but also flow

I taste bitter / hear my tongue
Behind the careless melodies sung

I'm as heartless as a donor 
As fucking low as a stoner

I'm everything i don't want to be
But i am, simply

                            ***

Humanity surprises me
and these convictions lie inside of me

I'm a flower in a grave
A fucking firework in a cave

You see, I'm bursting at the seams
But nothing's ever as it seems

It's too good to be true, they say
I'd come to find that out one day

When i learnt i could never run
From the solstice / of the sun

The light showering me in energy
Between the loose ends of tragedy

Tell me why there's still darkness
Even while my eyes stay open

My sockets sink into
Themselves / it is begging
For sleep in this godforsaken notion

I'm sick, ink-stained /
Worse off, all on my own

It's a lie I tell myself,
"I'm never alone"

- Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment